Tuesday, August 5, 2008

What I Did This Summer






Our adventure in NC started our adventure for the entire summer!  I had traveled to the US 6 weeks early to have the baby.  The boys had to finish school, Dave had a business meeting in NC, and we have friends there who we wanted to see, so it seemed to make perfect sense for me to travel there to enjoy a little vacation before taking the boys back to AZ to await the birth.

Which just goes to show how little of life can really be planned!

The day we were both supposed to jet off to different corners of the world, Gwyn decided it was time to make her dramatic entry into the world!  

We were so glad we were all together.  The boys had spent the night at their friend's house, so we were able to head directly to the hospital, using our GPS to find one!  I'll never forget walking into the ER to say that my water had broken, and, by the way, I didn't have a doctor....

I had nothing!  I had traveled there with just my carry-on!  Dave went to Target and bought everything we needed.  The doctors wouldn't let us travel at first, so I stayed with our good (now REALLY GOOD) friends for a week until I found a doctor who said it would be okay to fly.  (Ask enough doctors, you'll eventually get the answer you want....)

No comments: